What is Dramarasmus?
Dramarasmus is the Philipps University Marburg’s international theatre group. It’s where home and international students meet through their mutual love for the dramatic arts.
Dramarasmus originated from several Erasmus experiences which aimed at bringing together international and home students with theatre being the common foundation. Our participants are given the opportunity to take part in a creative, artistic and cultural exchange. What’s more, by participating in this collective project, the students experience new encounters which extend far beyond the borders of Europe.
Dramarasmus meets weekly and each semester presents a piece of theatre created by the students.
Our Goals and Methods
- Strengthening European, intercultural and transnational identities
- Reflection on one’s own identity
- Preparation and processing of intercultural experiences
- In Support of acceptance, openness, tolerance and solidarity
- Support with understanding and speaking the German language
- Gathering of collective knowledge on acting
- Ensemble exercises
- Dance and physical theatre practices